How to open a CSV file in Excel, Google Sheets or Apple Numbers
If you see the data in the table without division into cells (as shown in the picture below).
So for the usual type of table (as shown below)
Use one of the following instructions.
Import into Microsoft Excel
- Open Excel.
- Start/open a blank spreadsheet/workbook.
- Select the Data tab on the ribbon.
- Select the From Text option. (If options are grayed out you might need to open a new spreadsheet/workbook).
- Find and select the .csv file. Click on the file and then click Import.
- The Text import wizard will open. Make sure the Delimited option is selected. Click the Next button.
- Select Comma under Delimiters. The Text qualifier should show “ (double quotes). Click the Finish button.
- You may be asked Where do you want to put the data? Click on the top-left cell. Click the OK button.
- Excel displays the data in your workbook.
Import into Apple Numbers
- Open the .csv file in a text editor like TextEdit.
- Do a find&replace. Find “,” and replace with “;”.
- Save the .csv file.
- Drag-and-drop the file onto the Numbers app icon.
- Apple Numbers displays the data in a new sheet.
Import into Google Sheets
- Open an existing sheet in Google Sheets or create a new sheet.
- Select File from the main menu, then Import.
- Select the Upload tab.
- Drag the file into the upload area and drop it.
- Select one of the options under Import action.
- Click on the Import button.
- Google Sheets displays the data in your sheet.